Thursday, March 6, 2008

How to Wash a Cat

In my Technical Editing class at BCIT, I had an in-class task to write instructions about how to wash a cat.

My son always wants to have a pet. I thought I should educate him about pets. So after the class, I asked him if he wanted to know how to wash a cat. He was interested. I then told him the step-by-step instructions: clean the toilet; get the cat; put in the toilet; flash the toilet to wash the cat; and dry the cat.

He likes drawing pictures very much, so I asked him if he could draw a picture to record the process. He agreed and drew the picture in less than five minutes.

His drawing was simple, vivid, and funny. He is a better technical communicator than I am. I then took photos of his drawing, edited those photos, and made them an illustration of how to wash a cat.

No comments: