Figure 1. A transparent image reveals background text
To make a transparent PNG with Corel PHOTO-PAINT, you must first import your image file as an object and make it transparent. After you have a transparent image file, you can export it to a PNG image file with transparent background.
The following are step‑by‑step procedures of the above tasks for experienced Corel PHOTO-PAINT users.
To make an image transparent
1. Open Corel PHOTO-PAINT and import the original image file as an object. (See Figure 2.)
Figure 2 .The original image is imported as an object
2. Select the object.
3. Open the Interactive Tools Flyout, and click the Object Transparency Brush Tool.
4. To set Object Transparency Brush Tool options, do the following:
- To change the shape, on the property bar, open the Nib Shape picker, and click a shape.
- To set the size, type a value in the Size box.
- To set the brush stroke transparency level, type a value in the Transparency box.
5. Drag across the entire image to make it transparent. (See Figure 3).
Figure 3. The Transparent Brush Tool makes the image transparentTip: To change the shape of the brush, you can quickly choose a square or round brush shape by clicking the Round nib button or the Square nib button on the property bar.
To export a transparent PNG format image
1. Select the object.
2. On the File menu, click Export.
3. Choose the folder where you want to save the file and type a file name.
4. Choose PNG from the Save as type list box.
5. Click Option.
6. Select the Selected Only check box.
Figure 4. The Selected only check box needs to be selected
7. Click Export.
A dialog box appears showing the preview of the result image.
8. Click OK.